Parent Groups by School District focused on Dyslexia:
There are local parent groups in Central Ohio. Some have Facebook pages and others have websites. Here are a few that IDA is aware of but there may be more so ask around in your school district or start one.
- Upper Arlington: http://uakid.org/
- Olentangy: http://olentangydyslexianetwork.com/
- Hilliard: http://hilliardparentsunited.org/
- Worthington: https://www.facebook.com/groups/worthingtondep/
- Granville: http://www.granvillegaps.org/
- Bexley: https://www.facebook.com/BexleyEducationStrongerTogether/
- Dublin: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=dublin%20dyslexia%20parent%20network
- Westerville: https://www.facebook.com/groups/846929842163078/
- Ohio Chapter of Decoding Dyslexia – For additional information and support on dyslexia this is a national parent lead organization that exists to help parents. Each state has their own chapter because each state has their own educational laws. Decoding Dyslexia OH is a grassroots movement driven by parents concerned with the limited access to educational interventions for dyslexia.
Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities (OCECD) – They provides free resources, information and can provide assistance for creating an IEP, filing a complaint against ODE or other issues related to getting the resources you need for your child.
The Children’s Dyslexia Center – providing free tutoring for children with dyslexia and by training a growing cadre of highly skilled and dedicated tutors. You can check other locations in Ohio on their website.
Share this page with your friends…