Wilson Training – Fundations Level 1 Workshop (Sponsored by IDA Central Ohio)
June 29 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Wilson – Fundations® Level 1 Virtual Launch Workshop (Instructor-Led)
Fundations® Virtual Launch Workshops (instructor-led) provide the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations curriculum. This highly interactive remote workshop was developed with extensive participant input during the spring/early summer of 2020. It was designed to maintain participation and motivation for optimal learning, with strategically placed breaks and an extended lunch. Additionally, the workshop design allows for teacher input and active engagement via activities and discussions throughout each session.
Upon the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations: print awareness; phonological awareness; phonemic awareness and the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; phonics; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; handwriting, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Identify and understand the use for all materials in the Fundations Teacher’s Kit, and have a sense of how to find and use the many extended resources available on the Prevention/Early Intervention Learning Community for Fundations (membership included with participation in this workshop).
- Use the Teacher’s Manual to prepare a daily learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Visualize the flow and pace of a full Fundations lesson completed with fidelity.
- Instructor: Ellen Brick, M.A., Wilson Accredited Partner, Wilson Credentialed Trainer, NOB/IDA Advisory Council Member
- Date: June 29, 2022
- Time: 8:30-3:30 pm (ET)
- Location: Virtual
- IDA Member $260 + $17 banking fee per person
- Non-Member $285 + $18 banking fee per person
- Prerequisite: None
- Duration: One Full Day
- Registration deadline: June 8th
- Registration at least three weeks prior to the scheduled event is highly recommended. Although digital access to handouts is offered for all virtual workshops, this extra time allows for the physical handouts to arrive at your U.S. address prior to the workshop
- Class limited to 30 attendees
- Click here to register for Fundations Level 1 Virtual Launch Workshop on June 29th