- This event has passed.
Wilson Training – Fundations Level K Workshop
July 16 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$289.00
Wilson – Fundations Level K Workshop
The Fundations® Level K Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations® Level K curriculum. At the completion of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Have a solid background knowledge and understanding of the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations® instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations® Level K: phonological awareness; phonemic awareness and the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; ways to form the key linkages-letter name, formation and sound; phonics; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; manuscript handwriting, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level K learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning focused classroom: maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities, using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.
- Date: July 16, 2019
- Time: 9-3:30pm
- Location: The Westin Columbus
- Cost: $289.00 per person
- Prerequisite: None
- Duration: One Full Day (5 hours)
- Click here to register for Fundations Level K Workshop